04/06/2015

REVIEW ON L'ORÉAL PRÉFÉRENCE GLAM HIGHLIGHTS


Before holidays I wanted to dye my hair's roots. But unfortunately I was too busy and didn't find time to go to salon. So in my head came one crazy idea.... To try to do by myself at home. Maybe 10 years ago I had very bad experience with ''home hair salon'', and I thought I am not gonna do that mistake again never ever. But when you have no time to go to people who knows what they are doing, and you want to look nice and ''fresh'' on holidays, you have just one choice - to try :)))

So I bought L'OREAL Preference Glam Highlights Light to very Light Blond 1.


The box comes with: 

The main reason why I choose this box is because it comes with 'Expert Highlights Brush', which looks not that hard to use ( plus in my mind was that my husband will help to do back of my hairs). Also in the kit comes Lightening Powder,  Developer Creme + Applicator Cap, Lightening Creme, Conditioning Shampoo (which one didn't work that good as usually comes with hair colourant) and gloves.

How to use?

Of course before starting you have to wear gloves and to mix hair color mixture. 
1. Then to part hairs into two section from the back.
2. Fully saturate all three section of the Expert Highlights Brush with the product, keep the brush vertical so the three prongs follow the natural direction of your hair.
3. Starting at your roots, use the brush begin applying the product.
4. Continue applying on the lengths and tips, proceed in the same manner around the rest of your head. Before each stroke, make sure the brush is fully with product.
5. Wait between 25-45 minutes
6. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water without removing the gloves.  

Waiting after applied highlighters  
Review

To use this kit on your own it's easy. Maybe you will need help to apply on your back of your hairs, because you can't see by yourself. But for me was easier because I have different case. As you can see in the picture that my half of hairs are in brown and I decided to leave as it is. Just one thing disappointed - the results (colour and conditioning shampoo). I got a bit orange, ginger colour. But I guess I chose not right colour (my colour should be number 2). And after washing my hairs with Conditioning Shampoo my hairs was still rough. Resume: if colour would be fine, then I would use it all the time on my own without salon help. It is really great product, and easy to apply. 

Before
Before


And those two pictures after. Sorry I didn't have chance to take proper picture, because after my experiment my friends came to take me for last dinner together. So picture in the left is after hair dying. And picture in the right is me next day, Where you can see that hairs are more yellow than it was before dying.  


Thanks for reading,
Ruta xx


2 comments:

  1. Wow your hair looks lovely! I wish I had darker hair so I could mess around with products like this. It sounds like a really good product!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :) I love your hair colour x

      Delete